Sometimes I wake up in the morning and groan, thinking to myself that I’d rather sleep in than get up before the sun is even up to go get all sweaty and tired from my morning workout. Finding the motivation to workout is hard sometimes, but having go-to motivation tips that work for you can help you get off your butt and get moving. Here are some that work for me:
- Music, Music, and more Music
- I don’t know about you, but when my jams come on, it’s hard not to make me pumped up. Try creating a pre-workout playlist with songs guaranteed to motivate you to get up and get going.
- Have a reward in mind for after your workout
- I love tricking myself into a workout by having a reward set in place for after a hard workout. Whether it is a little DIY facemask, a glass of wine, or a piece of dark chocolate, working for something motivates me a little more to get going. IT should be noted that I do try to make my rewards something that will benefit me (either mentally or nutritionally so I don’t derail any progress I made from working out).
- Have a workout buddy
- Knowing that I’m letting someone else done is one of the worst feeling for myself personally. That being said, making a workout program with a friend is a great way to hold each other responsible for actually showing up to the workouts so you don’t let your friend done. Plus, working out with someone can be way more enjoyable than flying solo sometimes.
- Think about how you feel after working out
- I can’t really say that I’ve regretted working out. Working out helps me balance myself physically and mentally and after leaving the gym whether I was there for 30 minutes or two hours, I have always felt better about myself and my confidence about anything that I have to do that day sky rockets.
- Find your ‘why’
- I think that this is one of the most important things you can do for workout motivation. Understanding your why is one of the first things that use as motivation to start working out in the first place. Do you want to be the best in the world at your sport? Do you want a healthy mind and body? Do you want to try something new? Understanding why you are working out and reminding yourself of this everyday will increase your motivation to get going.